  • Subject: RE: JBA @ctive Report Writer
  • From: Dan Thomas <DThomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 10:44:15 -0400

I've questioned "Exactly what is @ctive Reporter?".  It appears to me the
product is really a G/L data extractor program and everything else is
standard Excel and TM1.  JBA's real added value would be in consulting and
implementation.  We have a lot of subledgers and each one has a different
format, so writing our own G/L data extractor program would not be trivial,
but I also believe you could run MS Query from Excel and prepare some good
reports without having to pay over $5,000 per "seat".  Also, anyone know
cost of TM1 components?

Dan Thomas
Sr. VP Information Systems
Medical Distribution, Inc.