  • Subject: Re: JBA @ctive Report Writer
  • From: "OleBlighty" <oleblighty@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 01:07:19 -0700

One of my clients has just bought it as a (semi) replacement to Financial
Manager as Financial manager does not handle cross year budget/actual
comparisons very well.  There are some bugs in F/M.....who would have
thought.

I spent a couple of days with a JBA consultant who did not know the Active
Report Writer product (or Excel for that matter) very well.  To me it seemed
quite cumbersome but that may have been partially caused by the level of
product expertise shown by the consultant.  If you are currently writing
your own Financial Manager reports, know Excel very well and understand the
database well, you should understand it relatively easily.

For end of month reporting it seems like a powerfull tool.  Once the data is
downloaded from the AS/400 you can shape it anyway you like.  Of course, you
must remember to refresh your data from the AS/400 whenever it changes.

As applies to most software, get your trining from someone who knows the
product inside-out.

Best of luck.