  • Subject: RE: Unit of measure conversions..
  • From: Brad Cork <BCork@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 1997 06:31:42 +1000

We have a similar problem.

I think it partly revolves around the problem that you can't define a
unit of measure as a discrete unit.

For example in the steel industry our purchase units are in Tonnes but
the others are in Sheets.  For us, you can never sell part of a sheet,
it must always be a whole number.  If you could tell it that sheets must
always be a whole number it would help a lot.

We have the same problem when we invoice as well (especially if selling
in sheets and invoicing in Tonnes or vice-versa).

   *
   /\    Thanks,
  //\\   Have a great day,
 ///\\\  Brad Cork.