If it were me, I would just show them my company's written security policy
that states we only keep log/journal files for X number of years.  As long
as you have implemented that, their beef is with the owners of the policy,
not the person that implements it (i.e. you).

And I'm sure your company has a written security policy and that it does
address data retention. Right?    :-)

Patrick Botz
Senior Technical Staff Member
IBM Lab Services, Rochester
Security Architecture & Consulting, i5/OS Security Architect
(507) 253-0917, T/L 553-0917
CTC Fax # 507-253-2070
email: botz@xxxxxxxxxx

For more information on CTC, visit our website at
http://www.ibm.com/eserver/services
http://www.ibm.com/servers/eserver/services