  From: Shalom Carmel
  To: security400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, July 02, 2006 8:10 PM
  Subject: Re: STRSRVJOB and database journal entries,

  I looked at the level of detail provided by the audit journal.
  It says that a strsrvjob command was executed on job X by user Y.
  As Ed pointed out, you must have *SERVICE in the auditing definitions or even
this information is omitted.
  On the other side of the issue, let's see what does *USE authority to user
profiles mean.

  a. A user with *ALLOBJ has *USE authority to all user profiles.
  b. A user who is the owner of the user profile can grant herself *USE
authority if she does not have it already.
  c. A user has automatic *USE to the group profile that she belongs to.
  d. QSYSOPR does not need *USE authority.

  Considering the common practices in most as400 shops, I would feel much
better if CHGPGMVAR, CHGPTR and their kin were also logged to the audit journal
under some code, or if the database journal had an indication of being created
in a debug session.

  Shalom