Patrick,

I'm pretty much in agreement with you.  Looking back at my original post and
the two options I outlined:

1) a. Create a group profile for all my "regular" users.
   b. Grant the group profile the same authority that *PUBLIC currently has for
each & every object
   c. change *PUBLIC to *EXCLUDE for every object

2) a. Grant *EXCLUDE authority to every object for this user profile (or better
yet a new group profile of which this profile will be a member)

Would you agree that #1 is exclusionary and #2 is open?  So you recommend #1?

If so, how do I go about getting it implemented?  Is the "Tips & Tricks" book
still the best resource?

What about IBM objects?  Will option #61 "Revoke public authority to objects"
on the SECTOOLS menu take care of everything or will I need to worry about
other IBM objects?

Thanks,

Charles Wilt
Mitsubishi Electric Automotive America