I'll have to admit that I'm getting pretty frustrated with the Java product.

First I have to jump through hoops with V5R2 because PM400 will not work
without a user id with QSECOFR authority, but the profile can't run under
QSECOFR itself.   And this profile can't be *DISABLED.  And this profile
can't have the initial menu set to *SIGNOFF.    And it's necessary to set
PWDEXPITV to *NOMAX for that user to avoid having the scheduled jobs fall
over when the password should be changed.  All this because the code is
written to run on the Java engine and the engine requires it.   All to be
fixed in some future release.
Then I go to load the latest cum and find out that the Java PTF group is
showing as not installed.  That's curious.  I order and load SF99169 Lvl
017, re-ipl, and it still isn't right.  The reason:  the PTFs will not
install without QALWOBJRST set to *ALL.   *ALWPTF will not work for Java
PTFs.   All to be fixed in a future release.
This makes me regret that I ever wrote our security standards.   Standards
that require that user profiles with *ALLOBJ authority be documented with
their passwords stored in sealed envelopes in the data center.  Standards
that forced me create seven new sealed envelopes sorting out the PM400
debaucle.  Standards that force me to note in the system's "Captain's Log"
that SYSVALS had to be changed for a day in order for IBM received PTFs to
be loaded.  Standards that force me to note in the same log when the values
could be changed back because we're done with the Java PTF loads.
For a product that prides itself on being security conscious, you'd think
that somebody would rein in the Java programmers and get them on the same
page.  For goodness sake, learn how to sign the objects, run under an IBM
supplied profile for IBM supplied programs, and know when we're loading
valid PTFs.