You may need to use the swap profile API whose name escapes me at the moment (I'm at home but I think its something like QSYSGETPH)

If your user profile specifies a group profile then adopted authority will not be sufficient to create the profile as authority to a group profile cannot come from adopted authority - the profile performfng the operation need at least *USE (I think) to the group profile. Its all in the manual anyway :)

As an aside make sure you have a profile as a backup to QSECOFR with a combination of *ALLOBJ and *SECADMIN once you get to V5*; If Qsecofr gets disabled and your screw up your DST user you could be in big trouble....

Regards
Evan Harris

Chuck Lewis wrote:

I am basically "it in IT" and when I am off, on the road or whatever and a
User Profile needs to be created it has to wait. I am VERY leery of giving
anyone other than maybe the CFO the authority to do this. So am I stuck ?

Haven't thought this all the way thru but how about:

1) Create a skeleton user profile (no password) called CLONEME.
2) Write a CL program CRTAUSER with 2 parms, USER and NAME.
3) CRTAUSER adopts authority, does a RTVUSRPRF(CLONEME), and then does
 a CRTUSPRF to create a new user.
4) The CFO could then use this via a command interface.

You could even have various skeleton users and pick from one.

--
Jeff Crosby
Dilgard Frozen Foods, Inc.

The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily
the opinion of my company.  Unless I say so.