"fundle"?  Uh, Anton, your translator garbled something there. <g>  You
know what, though, I think I like that word.  "Don't fundle around with
that!"

Anyway, I concur with what you said about "fiddling" with IBM objects.
Normally I would simply take the approach you suggested, creating a
separate program with parms to call the DSPJOBLOG command with *OWNER
adopted authority yada yada.  The problem with that scenario is that the
user was attempting to view the job log of an active job using option 10
from the "Work with Job" menu.  AFAIK, my only hope is to create my own
DSPJOBLOG command that appears higher in the library list than the one
in QSYS.  This command's CPP would do the things you suggested and I
presume this would work as a solution.  This assumes that option 10 does
not qualify the DSPJOBLOG command (and how would one determine that?)

But what a mess!  Now I have to create a new library that has to be put
above QSYS in the system library list by changing the QSYSLIBL system
value.  Our QA & Security Audit teams will have a fun time with that.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952