Looks like MySQL has json_merge_patch to handle what I’m trying to
achieve.
But not sure in db2 sql how to do this.
Jay

On Sep 18, 2024, at 7:17 PM, Jay Vaughn <jeffersonvaughn@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

so I do not want to use data-gen because I do not want to rely on YAJL
library being on the system to accomplish building a json document.
thanks
Jay
On Wed, Sep 18, 2024 at 5:33 PM Jon Paris <[1]jon.paris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Well you could always use DATA-GEN easy with that ... <evil grin>

Jon P

<[2]jeffersonvaughn@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ok I asked a question about this last week and got a good answer
back from
> Birgitta but I've cleaned my gmail up and cannot find that last post
> unfortunately, so starting a new one...
>
> Lets say I have the following json structure embedded in another
json
> object...
>
> "Array1": [
>    {
>        "key1":  "myValue1",
>        "key2":  "myValue2",
>        "Array2": [
>             {
>                      "key3":  "myValue3",
>                      "key4":  "myValue4"
>            }
>       ]
>   },
>   {
>          "key5":  "myValue5",
>          "key6":  "myValue6"
>   }
> ]
>
> But I only want that array or object to show if non-blanks are
passed to
> any of "myValues"
> and I cannot have empty structures such as {}.
>
> Is there a way to do this with db2 sql json functions?
>
> I used Birgittas instructions on a field basis using syntax such
as...

> values json_object('key1"
>                              :case when :myValue <> ' '
>                                        then trim(:myValue)
>                               end
>       absent on  null);
>
> But this will leave {} if nothing in myValue.
> How do I ensure it does not build the empty structure?
>
> tia
>
> Jay
> --
> at [6]https://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.