A SQL function which is implemented as external is only an entry in SYSROUTINES - no additional object is created.

HTH
Daniel

Am 09.08.2024 um 16:27 schrieb Greg Wilburn <gwilburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Charles... thanks.

The view still works... And regenerating the SQL source for the view is where I got the syntax below.
My user profile has *ALLOBJ.
I tried RCLDBXREF OPTION(*FIX) for that library.

I will post the question in midrange.

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Charles Wilt
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2024 10:04 AM
To: RPG programming on IBM i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Help with SQL Procedure

One of the columns selected in my view is
ASTHHOBJ.TBF_SHIPBYDATE(PIK_DATE, PIK_TIME,PTY_CODE),

That show's it's definitely being used as a Function, so I'd be looking at the function node.

Does the view still work? When you generate the source for the view, does it show the above invocation ?

(WAG)
Does your user ID have *ALLOBJ? If not, maybe you can't see it?
Could try issuing GRANT or ALTER FUNCTION commands to see if you get a NOT ALLOWED or NOT FOUND.

Otherwise, I seem to recall an old issue where objects would fail to show in iNav..
Might try a RCLDBXREF OPTION(*FIX) for just that library.

This question is probably more appropriate for MIDRANGE-L rather than RPG-L.

Charles

Greg Wilburn
Director of IT
301.895.3792 ext. 1231