+1

I prefer even in fully-free RPG to put blank lines around indented control blocks.

I forget, Patrik, what version you work at most of the time - service programs have been around for some time, and those are perfect for reducing the number of lines of code with single calls that effect maybe several lines that are executed in the SRVPGM.

Anyhow, clarity is really important.

Now in RPG III (and IV), we can produce output with indentation, for clarity and understanding. That's better than the time it takes me to used colored highlighters and blocks in printouts of code.

And there are the markers IBM have put into compile listings - you know, those B's and E's over on the right?

Cheers
Vern