Using SEP debugging in RDi is quite straightforward - lot of tutorials and articles by the "usual suspects".

Using SEP in Green Screen STRDBG isn't - but I found a piece from 2012 describing the process quite well:

https://www.itjungle.com/2012/10/03/fhg100312-story01/

Never used it, 'cause I'm a RDi-guy - but from what I read it quite a bit of a PITA to use 2 emulation sessions to debug one batch process. But it seems to work.

Essentially SEP debugging sets a "break point" on a program/service program on the object level. Usually conditioned with a user profile. If that user profile is executing the specific program, the job is suspended, until a debugger is hooked onto the job.

The most important thing is to remember, that the SEP is hanging on the real object - so if you recompile the program, the original object is moved to QRPLOBJ - and the SEP is still hanging on THAT object, and not on the newly created one.

In RDi you simply update the SEP - I assume that you have to ENDDBG and STRDBG/SBREAK again on the green screen.

HTH
Daniel