Hello,

Am 26.01.2024 um 08:19 schrieb myibmi via RPG400-L <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Why should I get wounded fingers of typing when the system can do for me?

Because your brain works while typing. You become accustomed to your own code and obtain a more intimate knowledge what's going on, and quickly navigate to potential buggy areas. See also Buck's comment about someone else's code.

There's a certain balance between reasonable laziness and excellence in a given area of expertise. Believing in AI to "think" for us is not helping to know how to think ourselves and thus stay agile in our brains. It's a bit like body muscles get thinner and weaker when not used.

But, who can remember the phone numbers in the smartphone?

What are you referring to? There's a database called "phone book" which translates names to those numbers ever since in smartphones. What's your point? I can't connect this to "AI", or more precise, ML.

With AI we are on the best way to do the same with our knowledge.

Looking at humanity's history, I assert we might become lazy thinking ourselves and forget how to think in the long run. Knowledge fades away, because it's not needed to be known anymore. Hey but what can be possibly go wrong to blindly listen to a machine telling you what to do?

Note: I'm not opposed to use generative ML as a helping tool, e. g. to easily obtain a starting point for a text, application program code, whatever. I'm strongly against believing it will solve all of our problems and relieve us from the burden of thinking ourselves. And I'm especially strongly against blindly trusting the generated output.

:wq! PoC