Sean, you said at first that you are using AFPDS. Here is the beginning of the command -

CRTPRTF FILE(QTEMP/P1401) DEVTYPE(*AFPDS)

So I'm not sure why you told Jimmy your file is *IPDS. If it is *IPDS, then I suggest overriding to *AFPDS if you need graphics or *SCS if just text. Ted Holt wrote an article about this topic - https://www.itjungle.com/2005/02/23/fhg022305-story01/

I read in the help for CPYSPLF that if the target IFS file does not exist, that the CCSID will be 66535 - so maybe create a pre-existing empty (no content) IFS file with PDF extension with the Czech CCSID.

HTH
Vern