How is it not related?

-Chris Doleshal

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Patrik Schindler
Sent: Monday, October 9, 2023 2:20 PM
To: RPG programming on IBM i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Message subfile with WINDOW and DSPMOD

WARNING: EXTERNAL EMAIL. Do NOT CLICK on links or open attachments unless you are expecting it or have verified with the sender.

Hello Doug,

not really related to RPG…

Am 09.10.2023 um 18:20 schrieb DEnglander--- via RPG400-L <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I am rewriting a window pop-up program to allow it to display on either 24x80 or 27x132 based on a parameter passed into the ILERPG program.

When the program is called for 24x80 I have the window one size, and when it is called for 27x132, the window is longer on the screen [more rows], but not any wider.

I want to have a message subfile also appear within the pop-up, but have it display on a line within the 24x80 size, but two or 3 lines lower on the 27x132 screen size.

I was thinking of using SFLMSGRCD and passing a program defined field to it to contain the dynamic line number, but that option is not allowed with the SFLMSGRCD keyword.

Has anyone done this? I am thinking the only way to do this is to define two DSPF formats for this pop-up, with the different SFLMSGRCD values, but that seems redundant.

You can code two location lines per element. See

https://www.ibm.com/resources/publications/OutputPubsDetails?PubID=SC41571501

PDF Page 58 "Specifying Valid Screen Sizes".

With some effort you can probably make use of a wider display with conditional overlapping fields. I've not yet tried that, though.

:wq! PoC