And above reading JSON from the IFS, there are also functions to do web service calls from SQL with http and https:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/i/7.3?topic=functions-http-get

You can use this at the same place - instead of putting the JSON there in a char literal, you can also make the HTTP_GET call, to retrieve the JSON document as a CLOB from the web service directly.

I even have an small example on my blog:

https://qpgmr.de/ibmi-sql-json_table

Today, I always look first into the SQL manual, if there is something - SQL has evolved so much in the last years, that there are very rare situations, where I need some internal or external API, to do the job.

HTH
Daniel