Hi Buck

Excellent summary, as usual! I think the OP got advice like this in his original email, I recall some confusion about his use of the term *call stack*. This term, in computer science so far as I can see, is used for real-time, run-time list or tree of what has been called to get where you are at the time. At a very low level, a stack is a LIFO (last-in-first-out) structure that things like operations are put on to and taken off of as a process continues. There is an SQL table function, STACK_INFO, that has been around since 7.2, at least.

Turns out, it seems, that the request was for a cross-reference thing - what one vendor calls used-by and where-used lists. There is no SQL service for that from IBM.

I think this group responded to the original question much as you did, Buck, and others did - get a cross-reference tool from one of these vendors.

Cheers
Vern