From: RPG400-L <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Jay Vaughn
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2023 8:55 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] rdi and external procedure lookup

For those that know RDI well..

when in a source member and you come across a call to an external
procedure, what feature do you use in RDI to quickly find out what module
that procedure lives in?
I've heard there is a way but cannot find it.

I'm used to always putting a module name prefix at the beginning of the
procedure name which is very helpful when you have heavy ILE integration
for the program. Multiple BNNDDIR's, modules, and srvpgms to look
through can be time consuming.

tia

Jay
at https://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.