On Mon, May 1, 2023 at 6:48 PM Jim Franz <franz9000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't have access to the creating of the original .xlsx or the conversion
to .csv (done by a bank) - but the .csv is what i have to import.

And I don't suppose you could get them to send you the .xlsx instead?

this is value in csv 1.10001E+12
this is value if i open csv with Excel and format column 1100009250903 as a
number...

I don't really understand this. What do you mean by the "value in csv"?

If you open the CSV in Excel and it tells you anything other than
1100010000000, then what is stored in the CSV clearly cannot be
1.10001E+12, so I don't know where the 1.10001E+12 is coming from.

I think you are not reading the CSV directly (i.e. as a text file,
which is what it is), which is your problem.

Fortunately, if 1100009250903 is the correct data, and Excel can show
you that ***from the CSV***, then 1100009250903 is what is actually in
the CSV, and you can retrieve it fairly easily. Whatever has told you
that it's 1.10001E+12 has done some additional (unwanted, lossy)
conversion.

John Y.