I started up this morning, and went right into compiling the SQLRPGLE module that gave me so much trouble with thos SQL5011 and SQL0312 errors. I am not sure at all why, but those compile errors were now gone, gone, gone, at last.
The only thing I can think of that is different is I compiled this time using the Compile-Prompt choice in RDi. I had been compiling with a user option I had set up in PDM. And on the CRTSQLRPGI command, changed the defaults for the DATFMT and TIMFMT to *ISO. I /think/ that is exactly what made the difference in this go-round.
Thanks to all for helping. I'm curious to know whether there are any plans to put even a wee more detail into those two SQL messages, SQL0312 and SQL5011.
On 1/21/2023 11:04 AM, Daniel Gross wrote:
Am 21.01.2023 um 15:40 schrieb Alan Cassidy<cfuture@xxxxxxxxxxx>:Well - the 7.4 RPG compiler for sure supports *AUTO - but I would bet, that the SQL pre-compiler doesn’t support it - maybe even not on 7.5.
My shop is now at V7R4 and the V7R4 reference includes text about *AUTO. So it's not that either.
It’s the same with LIKEREC(…:*ALL) - even 7.3 supports it, but the SQL pre-compiler doesn’t understand the „*ALL“ extension - only a plain LIKEREC keyword.
As I already wrote - the SQL pre-compiler is developed and supported by a different team - not Barbara’s team. So not every RPG feature works with SQL.
Let us know how this story ends - I quite curious about it.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.