I am a full time Linux user, and I avoid the terminal at all costs. If there is a GUI application that will do what I want to do I use that. If there isn't one, I can build one. And PowerShell to me is just as bad. Once in a while use I can understand, but it's 2023 we should be able to have GUI applications for basic functions at this point.

And not everyone is convinced that the web is the best route to go down. GUI applications still play a major part in the ecosystem. In fact I LOVE writing them. I tried for years to break into the web development space especially when it comes to IBM i, but that just hasn't been in the cards. However, I have enjoyed GUI programming for the last few years, and I hope I can continue to do that for time to come.