I’m not near my laptop but 65536 sounds tooo much like exceeding a 65535
defined variable to me.

Sent from my iPhone

On 10 Dec 2022, at 09:29, Brad Stone <bvstone@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have a customer using Scotts Base64 decoding stuff and I told him I'd
ask
his question for him.

He's getting the following error decoding data that is pretty big:

CPF9897 Escape 40 12/09/22 16:07:30.792369 BASE64R4 MGFOBJ *STMT TM008
MPLIB *STMT
From module . . . . . . . . : BASE64R4
From procedure . . . . . . : INVALIDCHAR
Statement . . . . . . . . . : 471
To module . . . . . . . . . : TM008
To procedure . . . . . . . : _QRNP_PEP_TM008
Statement . . . . . . . . . : *N
Message . . . . : Unable to decode character at position 65536.
(Char=x'40')
Cause . . . . . : No additional online help information is available.

I thought at first it was because the field was over 65535. But then I
saw
the character in question is a space (x'40)?

The field is defined as 500000 char ccsid(1208).

Is there a limit on this base64_decode function? It uses pointers and I
can't find anything else in there that is defined as 65335 bytes.

Bradley V. Stone
www.bvstools.com
Native IBM i e-Mail solutions for Microsoft Office 365, Gmail, or any
Cloud
Provider!
at https://archive.midrange.com/rpg400-l.