I have just two comments Birgitta;

1) One Source one Object (Service-Program or Program)
If you want to go modular - then it is a better approach to have
each "domain" in each module and combine these domains into a service
program. But because - it depends.

2) Export *ALL
it is a dangerous approach for the signature issues you are describing. All
client programs using this service need to be recompiled if you reorder the
sequence of tour procedures in your source. That dependency is
something that I would avoid like the plague.

However - if you use these services ONLY with dynamic binding ( as in our
microservice architecture) then you have less complexity with declaration
of the export order in the binder source. But it is rather rare to find
that construction.

I think the discussion you have with your Java developer is because you can
not map the nature of the two environments. In java you will have a POM or
gradle import your specific versions of libraries - to java do not have the
signature issue and export *ALL is then how it works. ILE on the other hand
tries to make service programs backwards compatible by the "export with
binder source". No such thing exists in Java.

On Wed, Nov 2, 2022 at 12:17 AM Don Brown via RPG400-L <