Hello Daniel,

Am 17.08.2022 um 23:24 schrieb Daniel Gross <daniel@xxxxxxxx>:

A) a good, fast and easy to use open source web framework for ILE languages would be really nice, and

I guess this will not happen because the web stuff is part of the insane speedup-the-roundabout game in the world outside, hooping from hype to hype. It changes much too fast. Classical example: Vmware finished implementing all features in the Adobe flash Flash client just when Steve Jobs (rightfully) decided to kill this huge security nightmare (by not letting Flash being run on iOS).

And Vmware was required to trash their development and write it anew in HTML5.

There is HTML, there are the HTML5 extensions, there are Websockets, Ajax, and whatnot. A house of cards, incredibly complex and every day something might change because the next hyped thing comes along and everybody yells for a quick implementation. This sounds like pure poison for a platform with a reputation for stability and reliability.

I can see why IBM doesn't take part in this roundabout game and leave the money but also the risks to third parties.

Well dreams of a developer who is still developing 5250 screens in 2022 because the client wanted to switch back from a GUI product to “green screen” because they find it more user friendly and much more performant.

I like your client. :-) Apparently there is somebody in charge who isn't impressed by eye candy but prefers simplicity and quick response time.

(Don't get me started about the inefficiency of some GUIs, or some software in general. Wasting processor and GPU cycles mainly for eye candy or a heap of abstraction layers doesn't cost much energy for a single PC. But now think about this on a global scale, with many, MANY PCs…)

:wq! PoC