i am also trying to define my field directly for the screen like below
only difference is i am defining like below without using EDTCDE-

A Fld1 2N O 7 39

But i don't see my field name 'FLD1' on the screen like above, whereas
within the same DDS other fields which are defined using reffld and have
some text under Functions their data is displayed as is on the screen.

So not sure how the field name could be displayed here if I am not using
REFFLD and Functions.in the DDS of display file.

Thanks