There is a trick that you can use. I am not sure where it is documented
on-line. Maybe somebody knows.

Trick is that you create a new SQL defined table with long names and maybe
identity keys. You then create a logical file pointing to the new table you
have created. That logical should have all the existing fields of the
current physical file and should have the same record format id as the
existing physical file.

In other words, all the existing programs see the logical and think it is
the old physical and since it has the same format and record level id there
is no error. You have the new SQL defined tables but existing programs are
using the logical.

On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 5:57 AM Mónica Anastácio <monicaanastacio@xxxxxxxxx>