Sam,

When the job ends, all of the activation groups are deleted / destroyed -- all files are closed, and any dynamic storage is freed, etc. -- everything is "cleaned up."

You can also get much the same effect by issuing RRTJOB -- this ends the routing step (aka. job step) and will close all open files, free dynamically allocated memory, and delete all activation groups, except for the default activation group ... that gets cleaned up so it looks like it did when you first signed on.

NOTE: I would never suggest using RRTJOB in production code, but it can occasionally be useful for cleaning up between each testing iteration when "debugging" -- especially if you need to recompile some programs or service programs that may have been "activated" in one or more ACTGRPs in your job.

Mark S. Waterbury