Weird stuff!

Thanks
Vern

On 12/1/2021 2:34 PM, Greg Wilburn wrote:
Vern - I've seen this before with WrtHtmlToStmf()... it was a 16mb memory issue.

I had to instead "break up" my process to use WrtSectionToStmf()

This "chunked" the writing into smaller pieces... This only happened when I was building very large spreadsheets.

Could be related?
Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Vern Hamberg via RPG400-L
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 2021 6:01 PM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i / System i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: MCH3402 received when calling getHtmlIfsMult

Y'all

We have one user who gets an MCH3402 a couple times a week when creating
receipts - the programs uses CGIDEV2 to create HTML files used to email.

It seems to happen after a busy morning of this. And it is to only 1 user.

Generally, the program does things in this order -

getHtmlIfsMult (only 1 template, though)
clrHtmlBuffer
updHtmlVar/wrtSection as needed
wrtHtmlToStmf

There is no information in CGIDEBUG that helps.

MCH3402 generally means that something a pointer points to is gone,
right? But it has to be in the getHtmlIfsMult.

I don't think we are running out of memory, and that isn't the cause for
MCH3402, is it, anyhow?

Our solution right now is to wrap a monitor/endmon around the call to
getHtmlIfsMult, display something to the user, then back to the caller.
They are able to go to a different app and resend the receipts.

OK, enough, TIA
Vern