From: RPG400-L <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Charles Wilt <charles.wilt@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2021 4:22
To: RPG programming on IBM i
Subject: Re: Write a record at a specific RRN

You could pause the application of changes while doing the upgrade to the
backup server..

Once done you allow it to catch up and then switch to the updated system
while beginning the update on the original.

The HA software should be able to handle differences in the table...or at
least the adding and possibly extending of columns. "dropping, renaming,
complex conversions" are probably another story.

The OP is basically trying to roll his own "single system HA" anyway. And
apparently without an actual primary key defined on the table.

Charles

On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 4:59 PM Jim Oberholtzer <midrangel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>