Interesting point.  What is the operator precedence?  + or =?  A quick google found https://en.cppreference.com/w/c/language/operator_precedence, which says + comes before =, although that's for C and it's more mathematically speaking than string manipulation.

Anyway, assuming that's the case, all this:

'*** ' + %trim(sdprogram) = ': Price Change Report ' + 'has completed for Customer #' + %trim(%editc(e1cust : 'X')) + '.'

would be

'*** ' + %trim(sdprogram)

 =

 ': Price Change Report ' + 'has completed for Customer #' + %trim(%editc(e1cust : 'X')) + '.'

Since those are obviously never going to be the same, the result would be false, or '0'.

Then the question is, what does wrt_job_log('0') do?

Was there a joblog entry with just '0' in it?

--
*Peter Dow* /
Dow Software Services, Inc.