Kevin, thanks a lot. I had already looked at the same as you say here. I
thought I was missing something. That's why I came in here with that. In
fact, I wanted to retrieve the very argv[0] within the spawned RPG program,
and the first actual parameter that one gets within the RPG is argv[1], I
couldn't find out how to get that argv[0].

But then the question is: if IBM offered this improvement and it's not
working, is this a bug? There is apparently no other documentation that
could tell what could be missing if it's not.

Thanks!

message: 2
date: Thu, 25 Feb 2021 21:57:34 +0000
from: Kevin Bucknum <Kevin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Setting the JOB NAME with the SPAWN API

Reading the API, I would say no. Two flags control the name:

SPAWN_SETJOBNAMEPARENT_NP - If this is on, then the IBM simple job name
is the name of the parent process.

SPAWN_SETJOBNAMEARGV_NP - If the above is off, and this is off, then
the simple name is going to be based on the path parameter, which is
the name of the executable that is running. If the above is off, and
this is on, then whatever is passed into ARGV[0] is used, however,
there is this blurb later on.

The first element in the array, argv[0], is automatically set to the
name of the program. Any value specified for argv[0] during the call
to spawn() will be overwritten.