Maria, you might want to consider doing some reading on Structured
Programming which is what ILE is. Here are some suggestions. I have
personally not read these books but they might be of value to you.

ILE RPG is essentially a cleaned up C programming language but C is kind of
a tough language so this one on Pascal might be easier to understand.

https://www.amazon.com/structured-programming-Addison-Wesley-information-processing/dp/0201038935/ref=sr_1_15?dchild=1&keywords=structured+programming&sr=8-15

Same thing using Basic.

https://www.amazon.com/Structured-Programming-Computer-Information-Processing/dp/0201038889/ref=sr_1_23?dchild=1&keywords=structured+programming&sr=8-23

https://www.amazon.com/Structured-Computer-Organization-Andrew-Tanenbaum/dp/0132916525/ref=sr_1_51?dchild=1&keywords=structured+programming&sr=8-51

You might want to take a look at YouTube and see what is available on
Structured Programming.

Anyway, hope this helps.

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 9:26 AM Maria Lucia Stoppa <mlstoppa@xxxxxxxxx>