+++++1

In the ACS Run SQL scripts action there are a couple examples related to advised indexes - one is an automated processor for advised indexes that takes 2 steps - one is to create any advised indexes that have been used by a Maintained Temporary Index more than a certain number of times (500 in the example), the other is to delete indexes that older than some time span (7 days in the example) and haven't been used at least certain number of times (500 again) in that period.

The example shows how to create an SQLprocedure to do thisI presented a possible RP

Another example has statements to analyze advice since the last IPL - these can help decide if you really need to create something advised. I saw some things that might mean ignore the advice - like last date MTI used is the minimum timestamp, well, do any of us have something used on 0001-01-01-00.00.00.000000?

And do YOU want to be the one creating indexes for one of IBM's products? I think I saw some of them in there, too.

These tools are examples of things that can be used especially by a person in the role of DBE - database engineer, a role IBM has been talking about the last few years.

Regards
Vern