Hello,

Am 27.06.2020 um 20:51 schrieb smith5646midrange@xxxxxxxxx:

So with the signal method, if the program is sleeping and a signal is sent, does it wake it up out of the sleep? Can you point me to a decent site to show how to create and activate a signal program? This sounds like something I would like to understand.

Unfortunately, I can't find information to that regarding RPG. In C it's fairly easy.

https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/signals-c-language/

https://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Basic-Signal-Handling.html
https://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/Sigaction-Function-Example.html

Since the manpages in Linux designate them in section 2 (system calls) instead of 3 (library calls, as in C library), I'm not sure if these can be invoked by RPGLE.

:wq! PoC

PGP-Key: DDD3 4ABF 6413 38DE - https://www.pocnet.net/poc-key.asc