On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 12:40 PM Greg Wilburn <
gwilburn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Have you tried using YAJLGEN over your JSON?

I tested YAJLGEN. It generated RPG code. But it didn't help.

The generated data structure is NOT nested. The value of NESTEDONE contains
formatted JSON rather than parsed values after data-into is invoked:

NESTEDONE =
{"elementD":"delta","nestedTwo":{"elementE":"echo","elementF":"foxtrot"}

The generated RPG program:

ctl-opt dftactgrp(*no);

readTheJson();
*inlr = *on;

dcl-proc readTheJson;

dcl-ds jsonDoc qualified;
ELEMENTA varchar(5) inz('');
ELEMENTB varchar(5) inz('');
NESTEDONE varchar(72) inz('');
ELEMENTC varchar(7) inz('');
end-ds;

dcl-s ifsPathName varchar(5000);

ifsPathName = '/json.txt';

data-into jsonDoc %DATA( ifsPathname
: 'doc=file case=convert countprefix=num_')
%PARSER( 'YAJLINTO'
: '{ "document_name": "jsonDoc", +
"number_prefix": "YAJL_" }');

end-proc;