From: Paul Nicolay <paul.nicolay@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: RPG programming on IBM i <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02/05/2020 03:14 PM
Subject: [EXTERNAL] VisualAge RPG copymember issue
Sent by: "RPG400-L" <rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi,

No idea if this question/issue fits in the RPG mailing list but I doubt a
VisualAge RPG one still exists.

The issue is that on a project we still use IBM VisualAge RPG but after we
moved to a new system the compiles fail on missing fields which is caused
by improper importing the copy members. These show up on the compile
listing as follows;

34 D/COPY *REMOTE *LIBL/QVRPGSKCOP,ALPROGDS
000033

*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

* RPG member name . . . . . : ALPROGDS
* 2

* External name . . . . . . : *LIBL/QVRPGSKCOP(ALPROGDS)
* 2

*--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*

35+ * * Program data-structure * D ProgDs SDS
D PDCompName *P ?

As you notice the compiler can read the remote copy member but has
everything on a single line as it doesn't understand the carriage returns ?
So far I have no clue what is causing this, just hoping someone has
experienced the same issue many years ago :-)

Manually inserting the copy member in the source itself removes the compile
errors which proves that it doesn't import the copy member despite I can
see it.

Any tips are welcome.

Thanks,

Paul

visit:

at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__archive.midrange.com_rpg400-2Dl&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=WOb2SOjiTsNRXclCYG7V71axpoWHd1Zf_QazPfuXIrg&m=3mB4haJdROLJqumkn4xFwmxeMYCAWXrU8at8Y5K-_1Y&s=z5JUYgY9E3vLnkJvXnGza-tTaMyprjENRvP7iIgGYTQ&e=
.