I think I see the problem, Chris - EZDQLSTL is defined as an integer - it is the length of the SQL statement, not the statement itself.

There are a couple elements that are described as "varying" - IIRC, that doesn't mean they are a varying-length field, just that the length is not fixed in the data structure, and the length is in the above-noted element. In working with APIs like this, you have to use the offsets and lengths provided. The SQL statement doesn't have an offset in the DS, since it is always at a fixed point, but the "extended cursor name" DOES have an offset, because it is located at different places in the DS, depending on the length of each instance, where the statements are not the same length.

you'll need to modify things - you can use a pointer, perhaps, to the element that follows EZDQLSTL, then a substring on the variable there and use the length for that.

Have fun!! It's API heaven!

Vern