Marvin,

Since you have a small program that exhibits this behaviour why not post the whole source, plus the statements to create the table and let us try it on our own systems?

The only thing I can think of if all that you say is true is that you perhaps have a missing PTF. I do remember one instance a while back when there was an issue with embedded SQL but it was quite a long time ago.

On Dec 12, 2019, at 9:06 AM, Marvin Radding <marvin.radding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I debug the program and step by step watch it execute. The prepare statement has no errors. The Open has no errors. But the fetch fails to find the record I know it should. I copy/paste the sql statement into STRSQL and it finds the record. I don't understand why the two are behaving different.

Thanks,

Marvin
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced, traumatized, triggered, and crying for their safe spaces.

-----Original Message-----
From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of smith5646midrange@xxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:59 PM
To: 'RPG programming on IBM i' <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: A problem in embedded SQL

There are a lot of responses to this that I didn't read and if someone has already mentioned this, I apologize for the repeat. I have seen this same weirdness when I forgot to close the cursor on a previous run but I don't remember any specifics like if I was in debug or anything like that. I also don't remember if the prepare or open failed, only that I got the SQLCOD =
100 on the fetch and I knew the data was there. When I logged off and back on and got my data on the next run.