I just wrote my first full free program yesterday. Very weird, but quite free-ing 😊

In case any of you are interested in becoming part of the Git ecosystem, check out the IT Jungle article on iForGit, a new Git client for IBMi created by you-guessed-it: Me.

https://www.itjungle.com/2019/09/30/ibm-i-startup-tackles-awkward-git-integration/

As long as git is installed, you can be up and running and export an entire library to Git in minutes. And you can continue to use your source files for master editing with SEU, RDI, VS Code, Notepad++, EDTF or whatever.

Then diff becomes your friend. With the many diff viewers you can catch changes quickly and eliminate source member copies and leaving dead code in place.

No matter what you do if you don't have version control start learning git.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
Web: http://www.richardschoen.net
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Phn: (612) 315-1745

message: 2
date: Wed, 2 Oct 2019 07:50:19 -0500
from: Joe Pluta <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Full Free RPG and modification marks

And huge, huge caveat: I am in no way a Git expert.? I wouldn't even consider myself a competent user. I've used it in the past, and I understand the basic concepts, but that's about it.