After upgrading to V7R3 from V7R2 we have a function that is failing as part of the POI/HSSF software.

The only change that has been made between the two releases related to the code is the set environment was changed to use Java 8 vs Java 6. When debugging the program, the evaluate method seems to work for some formulas, but not all. Have tested against spreadsheets that were imported prior to the upgrade and have the same issue so doesn't seem to be specific to the spreadsheet. Any ideas where to look?

Below is the error code:

Message ID . . . . . . : RNX0301 Severity . . . . . . . : 50
Message type . . . . . : Escape
Date sent . . . . . . : 09/25/19 Time sent . . . . . . : 09:09:15

Message . . . . : Java exception received when calling Java method.
Cause . . . . . : RPG procedure F_PROCESSR in program OPR175IMP
received Java exception "java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Array
index out of range: -1" when calling method "evaluate" with signature
"(Lorg.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.Cell;)Lorg.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.CellValue;
" in class "org.apache.poi.ss.usermodel.FormulaEvaluator".
Recovery . . . : Contact the person responsible for program maintenance to
determine the cause of the problem.
Technical description . . . . . . . . : If the exception indicates that the
Java class was not found, ensure the class for the method is in the class
path. If the exception indicates that the Java method was not found, check
the method name and signature. If the signature is not correct, change the

Tim Brunson
Chadwick & Associates Management Systems, Inc.
1201 Broadrick Drive
Dalton, GA 30720
P 706.226.3801 x106
F 706.226.0942