That’s the problem with plain text. I may have sounded aggregated. Not my intent either. I may be misunderstanding you about the overlaid data structure though.

The issue with barcodes using AI codes is that varying length elements of the barcode must use a GS separator to mark its end point. While AI codes that have fixed lengths do not.

I’m not seeing how using an overlaid data structure could segment out the varying length fields. I’d be interested in seeing an example to that.

Additionally some AI codes can be repeated. There’s no definition within the barcode that tells you how many there are. I’ve seen some 2d barcodes return a single serial number when another returned 50.

I’ve resolved the issue with the help of Scott klement and brainstorming though by using regular expressions. I setup up one expression to identify the segments I can expect and get a count. Then I allow sql to loop through the segments. I check the AI code and use other configuration tables to tell me where it belongs.

Sent from my iPhone