I hear you on using a theme - but with POI you start with an empty slate - unless there is a way to base what you are doing on an existing file, you'd have to put in code to build the theme and apply it.

That might be possible, others will know better whether a "model" or "template" file is possible - I don't necessarily mean an Excel XLTX file.

But maybe, right?

Cheers
Vern