So the last few days I've been working on creating a printed report.
Normally I just create spreadsheets and email those, but in this case, they
wanted a printed report emailed as a PDF.

So I created a report like normal, but as I create programs with MAIN
procedures, I needed to create data structures for each record format in
the print file. All of the fields in the print file are reference fields
except a field that will hold a total. That is defined as a 9 byte zoned
field with 2 decimal places. What is strange is when I go to set this field
to a value in my program. If I set it to a value like 0 everything works
normally. However, if I try to move a value into it like from another
field, I get a data decimal error. The only way I was able to get things to
work normally is if I set the field in the data structure to 0 before using
it. I haven't ran into this before, so I figured I would ask the group if
someone had seen this.

Thanks,

Jason E. Olson
IBM i Engineer/Developer