On Jan 15, 2019, at 2:07 AM, D*B <dieter.bender@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
having a requirement to redirect reads and writes to another box, coming from a black-box-software, I was thinking about OA too:
- to minimize impact the OA should be externalized
- having multiple logical files duplicates handlers
- having multiple opens to the same file in one job SRVPGMs can't be used, instead bind module by copy
- having OVRDBF complexity will grow
- having share *YES it's getting complicated
After the first analysis summing up the effort, the requirement was modified and we used triggers to replicate via ArdGate to the remote box.
This is the RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) (RPG400-L) mailing list
To post a message email: RPG400-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To subscribe, unsubscribe, or change list options,
or email: RPG400-L-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Before posting, please take a moment to review the archives
Please contact support@xxxxxxxxxxxx for any subscription related questions.
Help support midrange.com by shopping at amazon.com with our affiliate link: https://amazon.midrange.com