Hi Bruce - yea I knew it was all your fault!

I know that they did not used to be there but recent enhancements to QSYSINC, plus comments in the IBM docs, led me to be hopeful that things had changed. After Brian pointed out how my casual look-see had misled me I went back and looked and sure enough there are none there.

The current versions are having new capabilities added, but sadly they ar still - for some god forsaken reason - still using From/To definitions <shudder>. I have never understood this because the COBOL version has to work out actual lengths. I guess it has to be for RPG III compatibility but that doesn't mean it has to be that way for those API that can't be used from RPG III anyway.

Ah well - back to work.

P.S. Any time you need a system just holler.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com