Hi Barbara,

Thanks. Jon had pointed in that direction and we are at 7.2 w/ plans to
upgrade Q1 2019.

Soo.. .. . the *sqlnull would be better than the *null . . . because. .
.?
(plz excuse my density..:--)

(Because, i'll vote for it if i understand)

John

<snip>
To get an array of int(5) SQL-type nulls, you could code like this
(assuming v7r3).

dcl-ds ORDD30WF1_nullinds extname(ORDD30WF1:*null) end-ds;
dcl-s gF1Null int(5) dim(%size(ORDD30WF1_nullinds));

There's an RFE: "Option for EXTNAME/LIKEREC(*NULL) to create SQL-type
int(5) indicator subfields"
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/rfe/execute?use_case=viewRfe&CR_ID=97462

With that enhancement, you could code something like this:

dcl-ds ORDD30WF1_nulls extname(ORDD30WF1:*sqlnull) end-ds;

The subfields of the data structure would be int(5) subfields with the
same names as the fields in the file.