From: RPG400-L [mailto:rpg400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jon Paris
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2018 12:05 PM
To: Rpg400 Rpg400-L <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Fixed v Free Display Variables

Whatever the problem it is highly unlikely (near impossible) for it to be a fixed/free issue. Under the covers the two are identical.

But you are obviously not showing all of your code because the dcl-proc should be followed by a dcl-pi and there isn't one there.

Variables within a subprocedure are local and therefore would not normally be available to display without copying it somewhere.

The fact that it has the same name in the subprocedure as it has on the file means you have _two_ versions of the field Qty in the program - one global (the file version) and one local (the GetHazmat version). The global version will always be the one used by any display file output (unless Data Structure I/O is used which is not th case here as Qty is a stand-alone.

All of which is to say that your fixed form version must have a value being placed in the global Qty field and you free version doesn't.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com