Craig, you are right. I just re-read John's original post.

John, there's very few things that can go wrong here. Are you making sure
to use USROPN on the file spec so the override happens before opening the
file and then open the file after the override? Are you specifying the
correct file name in your OVRDBF? Is there anything in your joblog? It
would help to see your code John.

By the way, I use SQL to modify my FTP script. For example, here is my
code to update the file name on a GET:

RUNSQL SQL('CREATE OR REPLACE ALIAS +
qftpsrc_getdat FOR +
qftpsrc(getdat)') COMMIT(*NC) NAMING(*SYS)
RUNSQL SQL('UPDATE qftpsrc_getdat SET srcdta = +
''get ' *CAT %TRIM(&DATAFILE) *CAT ''' +
WHERE LEFT(srcdta, 3) = ''get''') +
COMMIT(*NC) NAMING(*SYS)
RUNSQL SQL('DROP ALIAS qftpsrc_getdat') +
COMMIT(*NC) NAMING(*SYS)

Yours truly,

Glenn Gundermann
Email: glenn.gundermann@xxxxxxxxx