Have you tried OVRDBF OVRSCOPE(*JOB)? That's what I always do from QCMDEXC.

HTH

-----Original Message-----
From: john erps [mailto:jacobus.erps@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2018 10:31 AM
To: RPG programming on the IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) <rpg400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: OVRDBF does not work

Hi,

I'm having a strange problem using OVRDBF.
I want to generate an FTP script.
Pretty standard, did this many times in the past.

To generate the script, i execute an OVRDBF using QCMDEXC from a **free RPGLE program, to point to the correct file and member.

When debugging i don't see any overrides active (opnscope is *JOB).
However, when i put those overrides in a CLLE program and i call that from the RPG program i do see the overrides with DSPOVR.

However, even when the overrides seem to be active they are not respected when i open the file in my RPG program, as if the overrides don't exist.

All this is pretty standard, so i'm lost why it doesn't work now.
I don't get eny error messages, because the script is written to QGPL/QRPGLESRC member PROOF (first member). Which is logical because no overrides seem to be active and the file is compiled against QRPGLESRC).

I tried different things, like submitting the job, using "system" API instead of QCMDEXC, etc.

The only difference with the past is that i'm using **free RPG now.

Does anybody know about issues regarding executing an OVRDBF with QCMDEXC (opnscope *JOB) from **free RPG? A Bug?